Chinese President Xi Jinping (7th R) poses for a group photo with foreign leaders attending the 2015 annual conference of…
Couples promote naked marriage with performance art in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China.Ten couples took part in a group wedding with…
Trishuli river in central region of Nepal is one of the major river for rafting. A view of the river…
Japan is hoping to boost tourism by using one of the most famous figures from its history - the ninja.A…
SHARM EL-SHEIKH, Egypt: Arab League (AL) members agreed on the formation of a joint Arab military force to counter growing security threats. The 26th Arab Summit attended by 20 monarchs and presidents called for immediate withdrawal of Houthi rebels from the Yemeni capital Sanaa and hand over their arms to the legitimate authorities.
Lausanne: Ministers from six world powers - US, Germany, France, the UK, China and Russia are expected to hold their first full session with Iran's foreign minister over its nuclear programme.The deadline for reaching an agreement is Tuesday.
Paris :France's Conservative UMP Party and its allies appear to have come first in the final round of local elections.The UMP, led by former President Nicolas Sarkozy, appeared set to secure at least 65 local councils, exit polls suggested, up from 41.These elections are seen as a test case ahead of 2017's presidential election.- Agencies
TravelBizNews.com builds your business network
Global Tourism News
FACTS - World Tourism
- International visitor arrivals (IVAs) into the Asia Pacific region rose from 226 million for the first period of 2013 to just over 238 million for the first period of 2014.The Americas showed the strongest percentage increase of more than eight percent for the first period of 2014, while Asia led the pack with an incremental increase of 8.3 million in arrivals.
- China now ranks seventh in the number of annual visitors to the United States, having set records in 2013 for both arrivals (1.8 million) and spending ($21 billion).The China market alone supports more than 100,000 U.S. jobs. China is the fastest-growing source of travel into the United States, increasing from 320,000 visitors in 2006 to a projected 4.3 million in 2018.
- China has signed mutual visa exemption agreements with nearly 90 countries and reached 53 visa simplification agreements with 39 countries.A total of 37countries and regions have agreed to grant Chinese citizens visas on arrival, while eight countries and regions unilaterally allow Chinese citizens to enter without a visa.
Hill Forts, Rajasthan, India UNESCO/WHC
- Al Zubarah Archaeological Site
- Ancient City of Tauric Chersonese and its Chora
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
- Cultural Landscape of Honghe Hani Rice Terraces
- Fujisan, sacred place and source of artistic inspiration
- Golestan Palace
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan
- Historic Centre of Agadez
- Historic Monuments and Sites in Kaesong
- Levuka Historical Port Town
- Medici Villas and Gardens in Tuscany
- Red Bay Basque Whaling Station
- University of Coimbra – Alta and Sofia
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine
- El Pinacate and Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve
- Mount Etna
- Namib Sand Sea
- Tajik National Park (Mountains of the Pamirs)
- Xinjiang Tianshan
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines
- Mount Kenya National Park/Natural Forest
- Maloti-Drakensberg Park Source: UNESCO/ WHC
Stay updated with news and views
Window of World Tourism News