A Kashmiri fisherman paddles his boat on Dal Lake during sunset in Srinagar, India on April 5, 2015
Winner Dayan Omuralieva poses in the 2015 Miss Kyrgyz beauty pageant in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, on April 5, 2015
Japan is hoping to boost tourism by using one of the most famous figures from its history - the ninja.A…
Inflatable sex dolls at a wholesale sex toy market in Beijing . The Chinese sex toy market is estimated at…
Lebanon’s tourism industry is showing early signs of improvement in 2015, and with Colliers International forecasting a hotel occupancy figure…
WORLD NEWS ---
Islamabad : China's President Xi Jinping is on a two-day visit to Pakistan, where he is expected to announce investment of $46 billion.The focus of spending is on building a China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) - a network of roads, railway and pipelines .They will run some 3,000km from Gwadar in Pakistan to China's western Xinjiang region.
Jakarta: Ministers from Asian and African countries have pledged to implement the Bandung Spirit, which highlights the South-South cooperation. A total of 33 heads of state and government and representatives from 77 countries are participating in Bangdung conference.
Rome: Italy and Malta said they were working on rescues of at least two boats in distress with hundreds on board. Nearly 700 migrants were feared drowned in a capsize on Sunday.- Agencies
TravelBizNews.com builds your business network
Global Tourism News
FACTS - World Tourism
- International visitor arrivals (IVAs) into the Asia Pacific region rose from 226 million for the first period of 2013 to just over 238 million for the first period of 2014.The Americas showed the strongest percentage increase of more than eight percent for the first period of 2014, while Asia led the pack with an incremental increase of 8.3 million in arrivals.
- China now ranks seventh in the number of annual visitors to the United States, having set records in 2013 for both arrivals (1.8 million) and spending ($21 billion).The China market alone supports more than 100,000 U.S. jobs. China is the fastest-growing source of travel into the United States, increasing from 320,000 visitors in 2006 to a projected 4.3 million in 2018.
- China has signed mutual visa exemption agreements with nearly 90 countries and reached 53 visa simplification agreements with 39 countries.A total of 37countries and regions have agreed to grant Chinese citizens visas on arrival, while eight countries and regions unilaterally allow Chinese citizens to enter without a visa.
Hill Forts, Rajasthan, India UNESCO/WHC
- Al Zubarah Archaeological Site
- Ancient City of Tauric Chersonese and its Chora
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
- Cultural Landscape of Honghe Hani Rice Terraces
- Fujisan, sacred place and source of artistic inspiration
- Golestan Palace
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan
- Historic Centre of Agadez
- Historic Monuments and Sites in Kaesong
- Levuka Historical Port Town
- Medici Villas and Gardens in Tuscany
- Red Bay Basque Whaling Station
- University of Coimbra – Alta and Sofia
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine
- El Pinacate and Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve
- Mount Etna
- Namib Sand Sea
- Tajik National Park (Mountains of the Pamirs)
- Xinjiang Tianshan
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines
- Mount Kenya National Park/Natural Forest
- Maloti-Drakensberg Park Source: UNESCO/ WHC
Stay updated with news and views
Window of World Tourism News