Nepal Stall at FITUR : FITUR ( International Tourism Trade Fair ) kicked off today ( January 28 , 2015)…
The Leshan Giant Buddha is a statue of Maitreya in sitting posture. The Buddha is located to the east of…
Beautiful lake in Myanmar - Novotel
Cubans in Havana have broadly welcomed the thaw in relations with the US
Newly crowned Miss Universe 2014, Paulina Vega from Colombia. Paulina was crowned on January 25, 2015 in Doral-Miami at the…
NEW YORK: New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo declared a state of emergency for New York City and its suburban areas as the region braces for a potentially historic storm that could dump up to 2 feet of snow. The National Weather Service has issued a citywide blizzard warning, which is in effect from Monday until Wednesday.
TROPOLI: Militants have attacked a hotel popular with foreigners in Libya's capital, killing three guards. Several gunmen stormed Tripoli's Corinthia Hotel and opened fire in the reception area. A car bomb also exploded outside the hotel.
WARSAW: About 300 Auschwitz survivors have gathered at the site of the former Nazi death camp to mark the 70th anniversary of its liberation. The commemoration will be held at the site in southern Poland where 1.1 million people, the vast majority Jews, were killed between 1940 and 1945.
JERUSALEM: At least two rockets fired from Syria landed in the Israel-annexed Golan Heights , triggering artillery fire by the Israeli army towards the apparent source of fire.- Agencies
TravelBizNews.com builds your business network
Global Tourism News
FACTS - World Tourism
- International visitor arrivals (IVAs) into the Asia Pacific region rose from 226 million for the first period of 2013 to just over 238 million for the first period of 2014.The Americas showed the strongest percentage increase of more than eight percent for the first period of 2014, while Asia led the pack with an incremental increase of 8.3 million in arrivals.
- China now ranks seventh in the number of annual visitors to the United States, having set records in 2013 for both arrivals (1.8 million) and spending ($21 billion).The China market alone supports more than 100,000 U.S. jobs. China is the fastest-growing source of travel into the United States, increasing from 320,000 visitors in 2006 to a projected 4.3 million in 2018.
- China has signed mutual visa exemption agreements with nearly 90 countries and reached 53 visa simplification agreements with 39 countries.A total of 37countries and regions have agreed to grant Chinese citizens visas on arrival, while eight countries and regions unilaterally allow Chinese citizens to enter without a visa.
Hill Forts, Rajasthan, India UNESCO/WHC
- Al Zubarah Archaeological Site
- Ancient City of Tauric Chersonese and its Chora
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
- Cultural Landscape of Honghe Hani Rice Terraces
- Fujisan, sacred place and source of artistic inspiration
- Golestan Palace
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan
- Historic Centre of Agadez
- Historic Monuments and Sites in Kaesong
- Levuka Historical Port Town
- Medici Villas and Gardens in Tuscany
- Red Bay Basque Whaling Station
- University of Coimbra – Alta and Sofia
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine
- El Pinacate and Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve
- Mount Etna
- Namib Sand Sea
- Tajik National Park (Mountains of the Pamirs)
- Xinjiang Tianshan
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines
- Mount Kenya National Park/Natural Forest
- Maloti-Drakensberg Park Source: UNESCO/ WHC
Greetings on the occasion of
International Mountain Day
Stay updated with news and views
Window of World Tourism News