Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) felicitated Susmita Maskey, who recently scaled all the highest peaks in seven continents. NMA organized a…
Themed "Beautiful World, Gorgeous Life", the final of the 2014 Miss China International was held in Xinxing County, South China's…
Minister for Information and Communications of Nepal Government Dr. Minendra Rijal addressing 36th Annual General Meeting of Trekking Agencies Association…
Christmas lights at the Salaj family country estate in the village of Grabovnica, Croatia. Over 1.5 million lights of all…
Miss South Africa and the 2014 Miss World, Rolene Strauss (C), dances with first runner up Miss Hungary Edina Kulcsar…
TUNIS - Veteran politician Beji Caid Essebsi has been confirmed as winner of Tunisia's first free Presidential poll.He secured 55.68% of the vote in Sunday's run-off, defeating caretaker President Moncef Marzouki (44.32%), the head of the electoral commission said. Mr Marzouki, a 67-year-old former exile, earlier refused to admit defeat. Mr Essebsi, 88, has urged all Tunisians to work together for stability but critics say his win marks the return of a discredited establishment.
PYONGYANG - North Korea has threatened unspecified attacks on the US in an escalation of a war of words following the Sony Pictures cyber-attacks.In a fiery statement, the North warned of strikes against the White House, Pentagon and "the whole US mainland".North Korea denies US claims it is behind cyber-attacks linked to a film that features the fictional killing of its leader Kim Jong-un.North Korea has a long history of issuing threats against the US.
ABUJA - At least 20 lifeless bodies have so far been recovered at the scene of an explosion which rocked a bus station in the outskirts of Nigeria's northeastern state of Gombe on Monday.- Agencies
TravelBizNews.com builds your business network
Global Tourism News
FACTS - World Tourism
- International visitor arrivals (IVAs) into the Asia Pacific region rose from 226 million for the first period of 2013 to just over 238 million for the first period of 2014.The Americas showed the strongest percentage increase of more than eight percent for the first period of 2014, while Asia led the pack with an incremental increase of 8.3 million in arrivals.
- China now ranks seventh in the number of annual visitors to the United States, having set records in 2013 for both arrivals (1.8 million) and spending ($21 billion).The China market alone supports more than 100,000 U.S. jobs. China is the fastest-growing source of travel into the United States, increasing from 320,000 visitors in 2006 to a projected 4.3 million in 2018.
- China has signed mutual visa exemption agreements with nearly 90 countries and reached 53 visa simplification agreements with 39 countries.A total of 37countries and regions have agreed to grant Chinese citizens visas on arrival, while eight countries and regions unilaterally allow Chinese citizens to enter without a visa.
Hill Forts, Rajasthan, India UNESCO/WHC
- Al Zubarah Archaeological Site
- Ancient City of Tauric Chersonese and its Chora
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
- Cultural Landscape of Honghe Hani Rice Terraces
- Fujisan, sacred place and source of artistic inspiration
- Golestan Palace
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan
- Historic Centre of Agadez
- Historic Monuments and Sites in Kaesong
- Levuka Historical Port Town
- Medici Villas and Gardens in Tuscany
- Red Bay Basque Whaling Station
- University of Coimbra – Alta and Sofia
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine
- El Pinacate and Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve
- Mount Etna
- Namib Sand Sea
- Tajik National Park (Mountains of the Pamirs)
- Xinjiang Tianshan
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines
- Mount Kenya National Park/Natural Forest
- Maloti-Drakensberg Park Source: UNESCO/ WHC
Greetings on the occasion of
International Mountain Day
Stay updated with news and views
Window of World Tourism News