KATHMANDU: Nepall Government has revived the once dissolved Department of Tourism with full authority to deal with all travel and…
World Tourism Day (WTD) 2014, celebrated under the theme Tourism and Community Development, highlights the ability of tourism to empower…
Scuba diving is one of the popular attraction of tourists visiting Pacific Ocean countries .
Khiri Travel Vietnam has launched a discovery tour that celebrates the unique hilltribe culture of Kontum and its nearby villages…
Just 8 hours from Los Angeles, scattered across the South Pacific, lie 118 stunning islands and atolls making up the…
KABUL: Afghan presidential candidate Abdullah Abdullah has said he accepts that his rival Ashraf Ghani should be leader, following months of deadlock. Both sides have accused the other of fraud following June's election.The move follows the completion of a comprehensive audit of all eight million votes which began in July.
BRUSSELS: NATO's most senior military commander has said the ceasefire between Ukraine and pro-Russian separatists currently exists in name only.Ukraine accuses Russia of arming separatists, but Russia denies this.More than 3,000 people have died in fighting in two eastern regions since April.
A truce was agreed on 5 September but there have been repeated violations since then.
MANILA: Tropical storm Fung-Wong has brought flooding, heavy rains and high winds to the Philippines, forcing some 200,000 people from their homes. The storm is now heading north, and is expected to hit Taiwan on Sunday. - BBC
TravelBizNews.com builds your business network
Global Tourism News
AFRICA : 56 m tourists in 2013
Africa has been one of the fastest growing tourism regions of the last decade, totaling 56 million international tourist arrivals last year up from 26 million in 2000. UNWTO forecasts this number to reach 134 million by 2030. In 2013, tourism generated US$ 34 billion in exports in Africa (7% of all exports in the region) up from US$ 10 billion in 2000.
Hill Forts, Rajasthan, India UNESCO/WHC
- Al Zubarah Archaeological Site
- Ancient City of Tauric Chersonese and its Chora
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
- Cultural Landscape of Honghe Hani Rice Terraces
- Fujisan, sacred place and source of artistic inspiration
- Golestan Palace
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan
- Historic Centre of Agadez
- Historic Monuments and Sites in Kaesong
- Levuka Historical Port Town
- Medici Villas and Gardens in Tuscany
- Red Bay Basque Whaling Station
- University of Coimbra – Alta and Sofia
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine
- El Pinacate and Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve
- Mount Etna
- Namib Sand Sea
- Tajik National Park (Mountains of the Pamirs)
- Xinjiang Tianshan
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines
- Mount Kenya National Park/Natural Forest
- Maloti-Drakensberg Park Source: UNESCO/ WHC
CHINA INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL MART
November 14 -16 ,2014 Shanghai, PRC
Stay updated with news and views
Window of World Tourism News