The 26th Macau International Fireworks Display Contest is scheduled to take place above the sea area in front of Macau…
The Nepal government which has recently received the first ever China made aircraft is all set to receive another aircraft…
Global ambassadors of ecotourism from 42 countries including France, Australia, Panama, and Canada take off high-heeled shoes and ascend the…
Climbers from Sevensummitswomen team of Nepal - Pema Diki Sherpa , Chunu Shrestha, Asha Kuamri Singh and Nim Doma Sherpa with…
Ocean Park Hong Kong ,opened in 1977, is a marine-life theme park featuring animal exhibits, thrill rides and shows. In…
NEW YORK: The UN Security Council called for a "full, thorough and independent" investigation into the downing of the Malaysian airliner over Ukraine. A team of international observers say pro-Russian rebels in Ukraine have limited their access to the wreckage of a Malaysia Airlines plane.
GAZA : Around 300 Palestinians were killed and 2,100 injured in the ongoing large-scale Israeli army offensive on the Gaza Strip since July 8. A number of people in Gaza seeking sanctuary from the conflict with Israel nearly doubled , the UN says.Relief workers in Gaza said there were now more than 40,000 people being protected in 34 UN shelters.
LA PAZ : Bolivia has lowered the legal working age to allow children to work from the age of 10 as long as they also attend school and are self-employed.The law also permits 12-year-olds to be contracted to work for othersbut they need parental authorisation.- Agencies
TravelBizNews.com builds your business network
Global Tourism News
Most photographed places in the world
1. New York (Guggenheim Museum)
2. Rome (Church of the Santissima Trinita dei Monti)
3. Barcelona, Spain (Park Guell)
4. Paris (Moulin Rouge)
5. Istanbul (Kiz Kulesi)
6. Venice, Italy (Ponte dell'Accademia)
7. Monte Carlo, Monaco (Hotel de Paris)
8. Florence, Italy (Piazzale Michelangelo)
9. Buenos Aires (Caminito)
10. Budapest, Hungary (St. Stephen's Basilica)
Hill Forts, Rajasthan, India UNESCO/WHC
- Al Zubarah Archaeological Site
- Ancient City of Tauric Chersonese and its Chora
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
- Cultural Landscape of Honghe Hani Rice Terraces
- Fujisan, sacred place and source of artistic inspiration
- Golestan Palace
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan
- Historic Centre of Agadez
- Historic Monuments and Sites in Kaesong
- Levuka Historical Port Town
- Medici Villas and Gardens in Tuscany
- Red Bay Basque Whaling Station
- University of Coimbra – Alta and Sofia
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine
- El Pinacate and Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve
- Mount Etna
- Namib Sand Sea
- Tajik National Park (Mountains of the Pamirs)
- Xinjiang Tianshan
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines
- Mount Kenya National Park/Natural Forest
- Maloti-Drakensberg Park Source: UNESCO/ WHC
FACTS : International Tourism
* International tourist arrivals (overnight visitors) grew by 5% worldwide in 2013, reaching a record 1087 million arrivals, after topping the 1 billion mark in 2012.
* International tourism receipts reached US$ 1159 billion worldwide in 2013, up from US$ 1078 billion in 2012.
* Asia and the Pacific recorded the fastest growth with international arrivals 248 million.
* Europe welcomed 29 million more international tourists in 2013,raising the total to 563 million.
* In the Americas, international arrivals grew to 168 million,Africa welcomed 56 million tourists. The Middle East (0%) has not yet succeeded in returning to growth
* China has consolidated its position as the number one tourism source market in the world, spending US$ 129 billion on international tourism.
*Forecasts in 2014 point to growth of 4% to 4.5% in international tourist arrivals in 2014 .Source: UNWTO
China International Travel Mart
November 13-16 ,2014 Shanghai, PRC
Stay updated with news and views
Window of World Tourism News
Email us your latest news releases concerning travel and tourism :
Submit news stories: