Catwalk or Skycats of the Scandinavian Aerobatic Team leave a trail of Indian tri-colour smoke as they perform aerobatics during…
A 238-meter-long golden dragon led a parade across major tourist spots and demonstrated vigorous moves accompanied by lively young lions.…
Stockholm , Sweden
Chinese investors have bought a tropical island resort off the east coast of northern Australia for $30 million, local media…
A cargo train with 64 containers completed its maiden journey from Madrid, Spain, to China's eastern city of Yiwu recently…
MOSCOW: Russian opposition leader Boris Nemtsov was shot and killed near the city center at about midnight on Saturday."An unknown person killed Nemtsov with four shots using a handgun on the slope near St Basil's Cathedral in the Red Square," the TASS news agency quoted a law enforcement spokesman as saying.Six shell casings have been found at the site.
NEW DELHI : Six people accused of burning three British tourists to death in 2002 riots in the Indian state of Gujarat have been acquitted.The court ruled that there was no evidence against the accused.A Hindu mob apparently burnt the three British Muslims in riots sparked after 60 Hindus were killed in a train fire.More than 1,000 people, mostly Muslims, were killed in the riots.
BAGHDAD : Iraq's national museum has officially reopened in Baghdad, 12 years after it was closed in the aftermath of the US-led invasion.Many of the antiquities looted during the war have now been recovered and restored.Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has vowed to punish those responsible.- Agencies
TravelBizNews.com builds your business network
Global Tourism News
FACTS - World Tourism
- International visitor arrivals (IVAs) into the Asia Pacific region rose from 226 million for the first period of 2013 to just over 238 million for the first period of 2014.The Americas showed the strongest percentage increase of more than eight percent for the first period of 2014, while Asia led the pack with an incremental increase of 8.3 million in arrivals.
- China now ranks seventh in the number of annual visitors to the United States, having set records in 2013 for both arrivals (1.8 million) and spending ($21 billion).The China market alone supports more than 100,000 U.S. jobs. China is the fastest-growing source of travel into the United States, increasing from 320,000 visitors in 2006 to a projected 4.3 million in 2018.
- China has signed mutual visa exemption agreements with nearly 90 countries and reached 53 visa simplification agreements with 39 countries.A total of 37countries and regions have agreed to grant Chinese citizens visas on arrival, while eight countries and regions unilaterally allow Chinese citizens to enter without a visa.
Hill Forts, Rajasthan, India UNESCO/WHC
- Al Zubarah Archaeological Site
- Ancient City of Tauric Chersonese and its Chora
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
- Cultural Landscape of Honghe Hani Rice Terraces
- Fujisan, sacred place and source of artistic inspiration
- Golestan Palace
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan
- Historic Centre of Agadez
- Historic Monuments and Sites in Kaesong
- Levuka Historical Port Town
- Medici Villas and Gardens in Tuscany
- Red Bay Basque Whaling Station
- University of Coimbra – Alta and Sofia
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine
- El Pinacate and Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve
- Mount Etna
- Namib Sand Sea
- Tajik National Park (Mountains of the Pamirs)
- Xinjiang Tianshan
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines
- Mount Kenya National Park/Natural Forest
- Maloti-Drakensberg Park Source: UNESCO/ WHC
Greetings on the occasion of
International Mountain Day
Stay updated with news and views
Window of World Tourism News