TravelBizNews Correspondent –
New Delhi : The Ministry of Tourism of India has launched ‘Paryatan Parv’ programme across the country .
‘Paryatan Parv’ was inaugurated by Dr.Mahesh Sharma, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for culture in the presence of Minister of State for Tourism (Independent Charge) Alphons Kannanthanam at the Humayun’s Tomb in New Delhi on October 5.
The Paryatan Parv will culminate in a three day event in New Delhi from October 23 to 25 which will showcase the cultural diversity of the country, with cultural performances, crafts bazaar, food court , folk and classical dance and music, handicrafts and handlooms and cuisine from all regions and States of the country.
The programme is being organized with the objective of drawing focus on the benefits of tourism, showcasing the cultural diversity of the country and reinforcing the principle of “Tourism for All”. The “Adopt a Heritage” project will be implemented at key sites during this period.
Paryatan Parv will have main components:
• Dekho Apna Desh
• Tourism for All: Tourism Events at sites across all States in the country.
• Tourism & Governance:- Interactive Sessions and Workshops with stakeholders on varied themes
• Skill Development in Tourism Sector
• Innovation in Tourism
• Inducting Ex-servicemen as service providers for taxi operation
• Developing rural tourism in locations near established destinations
• Community sensitization workshops on homestay and B&B Opportunities
In the overseas markets, the Ministry of External Affairs through the Indian Missions overseas, is conducting outreach programmes to encourage people to visit India, according to Ministry of Tourism.
October 8 , 2017