BEIJING, China - The 6th China Guilin International Tourism Expo (CGITE), 12th Beijing International Tourism Expo (BITE), 2nd China Xi'an Silk Road International Tourism Expo (CXSRITE) and the 1st Chengdu International Tourism Expo (CITE) is set to bring forward new horizons for domestic and international tourism stakeholders looking to expand their business portfolios in China's vast tourism markets in the various provinces.
Held respectively in Guilin, Beijing, Xi'an and Chengdu, these four international tourism exhibitions will be at the forefront, catering to the changing needs of industry stakeholders in the regions; especially with more Chinese from various regions traveling overseas for work and leisure purposes, there are ample opportunities for tourism-related businesses to flourish, said Mr. Edward Liu, Group Managing Director of Conference&Exhibition Management Services (CEMS) Pte Ltd. (Singapore) and CEMS (Beijing) Conference&Exhibition Co., Ltd. at the company's networking reception held last Tuesday at the Hilton Hotel Beijing.
The networking reception was attended by over 130 representatives from various embassies, national tourism organizations (NTOs) and trade offices, as well as travel agencies, exhibition services providers and the media. Representatives from the Beijing Municipal Commission of Tourism Development, Guilin Convention&Exhibition Bureau, Shaanxi Provincial Tourism Administration, Chengdu Municipal Tourism Administration and Chengdu Municipal Bureau of Exposition were also present to interact with fellow industry stakeholders and share with them the new developments of the provinces' tourism and MICE industries.
Exhibition dates for the four exhibitions were announced as Mr. Edward Liu also shared with guests on the various programs and activities that will be held during the exhibition period, with CGITE launching its sixth edition in May, followed by BITE's 12th edition in June, CXSRITE's 2nd edition in September and CITE's 1st edition in December.
Apart from showcasing the 2015 exhibitions and activities, the reception was a lively affair with games, lucky draws and a sand animation special segment to thank long-term supporting countries of BITE. These countries include Czech Republic, India, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Thailand and Turkey. The sand animation was well-received and applauded by the audience, who were captivated by the changing of the scenes under the mastery of the sand animation expert.
As the reception came to an end and amidst the fun and games, guests expressed that the networking reception had provided a good platform for them to begin dialogue with one another and to spearhead potential collaborations through the four exhibitions in 2015.
Four cities and four exhibitions catering to diverse needs of tourism stakeholders looking to explore China's vast tourism markets
The Conference&Exhibition Management Services (CEMS) Pte Ltd. (Singapore) and CEMS (Beijing) Conference&Exhibition Co., Ltd., together with the support from the various governmental authorities, organize the following tourism exhibitions annually.
• China Guilin International Tourism Expo (CGITE), May 29-31, 2015: The CGITE is Guangxi's most prominent international tourism exposition tailoring to both business and leisure travel sectors in the region. It is also the ideal platform for domestic and international tourism stakeholders to foster new business relationships and strengthen existing partnerships in Southwest China.
• Beijing International Tourism Expo (BITE), June 26-28, 2015: The longest-running international tourism expo in CEMS's portfolio, the BITE has been held for over 10 years in the capital city of China, Beijing. It is the most influential international tourism exposition which seamlessly integrates tourism services for trade professionals and the Chinese public.
• China Xi'an Silk Road International Tourism Expo (CXSRITE), September 11-13, 2015: In sync with the recent launch of the "Year of Silk Road Tourism" in Shaanxi province, the CXSRITE will offer quality and effective services and programs to participants to explore further the opportunities for developing Silk Road tourism.
• Chengdu International Tourism Expo (CITE), December 3-5, 2015: Previously the Chengdu International Travel Fair, the newly-revamped CITE will refocus on the local and international tourism industries in West China to provide industry stakeholders a more professional platform to explore business collaborations with one another.
Customized and quality programs to accelerate success of business negotiations and enhance exhibitors' participation
• Effective Hosted Buyer Programme and Buyer-Sellers Meeting Sessions: In order to facilitate business partnerships among local and international industry stakeholders, CEMS will undertake to effectively match exhibitors and buyers according to their specific needs and requests to achieve desired results.
• Enhancing exhibitors' exposure through extensive on-site activities: Through an array of stage activities, presentation sessions, seminars, workshops and performing opportunities, exhibitors have ample opportunities to showcase their travel products and services to fellow trade professionals, media and members of the public.
• Enriching participants in skills-set and industry knowledge: Apart from meeting exhibitors' needs, CEMS also offers industry professionals enrichment opportunities through trade seminars and talks to upgrade and enhance their industry knowledge and skills.
• Hosted Networking Luncheons: To allow exhibitors and buyers to establish greater rapport with one another, CEMS will host networking luncheons where they can interact with one another in more relaxed and casual setting.
Feb. 11, 2015